He is a graduate from the University of Malaya and received his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in 1999.
He then received his Master in Obstetrics & Gynaecology from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 2009.
In the years, he was also an educator for both UKMMC Cheras and IIUM Kuantan for the Department of Obs & Gynae.
He then conducted his fellowship in Gynae-oncology training at Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan (Kuantan), UMMC (KL) & Hospital Sultanah Bahiyah (Kedah) and finished his fellowship in 2015.
Previously he was practicing at IIUM Medical Centre Kuantan, as Consultant Gynae-Oncology.
Watch more videos like this HERE
- Antenatal ultrasound (1st, 2nd and 3rd trimester) with 3D/4D (if indicated)
- Vaginal delivery
- Instrumental (vacuum/forceps) delivery
- Complicated such as twin, breech delivery, shoulder dystocia, uterine inversion
- Manual removal of placenta (MRP)
- Cervical cerclage
- Repair extended perineal tear (3rd/4th Degree) tear
- Lower segment caesarean section +/- tubal ligation (indicated only)
- Caesaren hysterectomy
- Ultrasound pelvis (Transabdominal/transvaginal)
- Bilateral tubal ligation, open or laparoscopic
- Reversal of tubal ligation (re-anastomosis) – selected cases
- Hysteroscopy diagnostic and therapeutic
- Inserted and removal of contraceptive devices (IUCD/ MIRENA / Implanon)
- Uncomplicated vaginal hysterectomy
- Abdominal cystectomy / oophorectomy / myomectomy / hysterectomy
- Diagnostic ie chronic pelvic pain/ ectopic pregnancy
- Therapeutic ie ectopic / adhesiolysis / cystectomy / oophorectomy / myomectomy / hysterectomy
- Colposcopy examination and +/- biopsy
- Cone biopsy / LLETZ
Gynaecology cancer surgery
- Cancer of cervix – (Trachelectomy, Wertheim’s hysterectomy +/- bilateral salpingoophorectomy +/- Bilateral pelvic lymph node +/- para-aortic node dissection
- Cancer of ovary – (Total abdominal hysterectomy +/- salpingoophorectomy +/- Bilateral pelvic lymph node +/- para-aortic node dissection) or fertility sparing surgery
- Cancer of endometrium – (Extrafascial total abdominal hysterectomy +/- bilateral salpingoophorectomy +/- Bilateral pelvic lymph node +/- para-aortic node dissection)