- Do you face with any health problems related to poor eating habits during one of your medical check up session?
- Do you think you have healthy eating habits?
- What do you normally have for breakfast?
- How often do you eat salad/vegetables with lunch or dinner?
- What do you usually have for dessert & snack?
- How often do you eat fruit?
- What do you drink at meals?
- How frequently do you eat at fast food restaurants?
- Do you use dietary supplements to complete your diet?
Evaluate your dietary habits and you may feel that your current eating pattern is not good for your health in the long run. But, the issue is you are not sure how to change for the better. That is when the Dietitian comes to your rescue.
Who is Dietitian
A Dietitan is a qualified person who provides nutritional service as below in order to improve your health:
- Nutritional assessment based on your medical condition, laboratory investigations, dietary and lifestyle patterns
- Prescribe medical nutrition therapy, and provide dietary consultation for the treatment of diseases or illness
- Following up on your progress and suggest further dietary changes if necessary to achieve outcomes.
Session with your Dietitian
You should seek counsel from a Dietitian from the point of disease diagnosis. This enables early changes to be done to prevent complications resulting from the disease.
- Your first session with the Dietitian will always be the longest. She will ask you some question to assess your food habits, exercise levels and also lifestyle habits. Your response should be as clear as possible during the session to ensure that she receives accurate information on your habits. This enables your Dietitian to know you better and create suitable nutrition plan for you. You may also wat to bring along your spouse or family, for support and further understanding. In the first session, you need to agree on a few behavior changes that you can make with the Dietitan.
Follow up session
- It is often difficult to accomplish so much in a session. Years of ingrained food habits require slow & steady steps to change. This is why after your first consultation, you will be given a date for next appointment. In the following session, your Dietitian will discuss whether or not you will be able to accomplish your goals and explore possible reasons behind those successess and non-compliance.
How do I get referred
In AVISENA Specialist Hospital, some cases are automatically referred to the Dietitian. Otherwise, you may request for a referral from your doctor on your first visit.
If you are non-AVISENA Specialist hospital patient, you have to obtain a referral from your General Practitioner stating your medical history and reason for referral.
If you are health conscious and keen to achieve better dietary habits, you are also welcome to make an appointment with the Dietitan.
Monday – Thursday
- 9.00 am – 1.00pm
- 2.00 pm – 5.00pm
- 9.00 am – 12.30 pm
- 2.30 pm – 5.00 pm
- 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
Sunday & Public Holiday