The EPF allows members who are having medical problems to make a withdrawal from your Account 2 to help cover the medical expenses for approved illnesses and/or healthcare equipment as well as fertility treatment.
Who Can Apply?
- Malaysians & Non-Malaysians
- Below 55 years of age
- Have savings in Account 2
- Legally married couple (Husband/Wife)
- Medical costs are not fully covered by employer
- Illness/medical aid equipment are approved by the EPF
- Not receiving alternative treatments
- Fertility Treatment which are allowed:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm injection (ICSI)
*All medical equipment and/or medication prescribed for use by doctors (in waiting) is eligible for health withdrawal and subject to illnesses, approved by the EPF.
Who Can You Assist?
- Your spouse (Legally married couple – husband/wife)
- Individual withdrawal
- Joint withdrawal with spouse
What You Can Withdraw?
|Actual medical cost*
Entire savings in Account 2 (whichever is lower)
Applicant’s entire savings in Account 2
Balance treatment cost after deducting the amount withdrawn by other applicants (whichever is lower)
*If the medical has been partially covered by the member’s/patient’s employers, you may only withdraw the remaining balance of the medical cost that was not covered.
What You Need?
- Form KWSP 9D (AHL) and checklist
- Copy of identification documents with original or verification (Non-MyKad holders only)
- Bank passbook/Savings account statement/Current Account statement/Verification letter of account holder’s details from Bank/Account holder’s details
- Confirmation letter from the member’s and/or approved family member’s employer stating the medical cost average (if applicable)
- Form KWSP 3 (Pindaan) – for mail submissions/failed thumbprint verification
- Medical Report – Fertility treatment LPP-2
Find Out More